Sunday, 17 March 2013

What I dream about

Health, fitness and that breathe of crisp early morning air.
Source: Tumblr

I would be a morning person if my bed wasn't soo comfortable.

A couple of years back i was at my peak fitness level. I was playing netball 3 times a week, sport at school and running some evenings with my sister. Everything i did had a movement to it, a little dance, my own way of expressing my use of space. And although nearly every day my body ached with some kind of new pain or stretch, it was the good kind of ache, the one that makes you want to jump that little bit higher, run that little bit faster, breathe that little bit heavier and push your body to the limit.


And now..


Now some years have passed and I'm well into my university degree spending more and more time researching health and disorders of health from behind my computer rather than actually implementing that word 'health' into my own lifestyle. This makes me sad. I want to be at my peak again and i know i can achieve this but it is going to take some super duper motivation and a 'no-excuses' mentality!


I am posting this here to hold myself accountable.

I WILL strive to be the best possible version of myself and i WILL achieve my dreams of health, clean eating and an enjoyable fitness routine.


If you know of a fitness motivation blog that you think is amazing please post a link below for me to check it out as i haven't come across any yet!

xxx Brooke

15 comments:

  1. "I would me a morning person..." that made me laugh. I feel the same way! I even study on my bed. It is so hard to get motivated to work out when your life is already hectic. But I wish you the best of luck! I don't know of a fitness blog, but maybe you get check out this youtube channel - get fit with Leyla ... she gives tips on diet and work outs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sit on my bed to study too haha such a bad habit!

      Thank you! youtube would be even better, i shall check her out!

      :)

      Delete
  2. ''I would be a morning person if my bed wasn't soo comfortable.'' haha so true!!

    ps:You have a great blog!Would you like to follow eachother?If you follow me i definitely follow you back asap!

    www.istanbulianchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go back to your exercise rutine now! Tomorrow!! Start with 20 mins jog every other day... I cant live without exercising and the great energy you get after a good run! ;)

    http://shareasecret.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this bit of motivation! i love running and will start it up again :)

      Thank you for taking to time to read my post

      xxx Brooke

      Delete
  4. great post, i can totally understand you because currently i'm living not healthy at all ;( no sports and not so healthy food. it's exhausting, i really want to change myself.
    can't give you exact a blogname, but on tumblr are a lot of amazing fitness blogs :) maybe you can try your luck there

    http://shesnotjuliet.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anhi, lets make the change! and be who we want to be starting today!!

      Thank you will check it out!

      xxxBrooke

      Delete
  5. i love your blog! lets follow each other? :)
    x viktoria

    viktoriadimitrova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome green :)

    http://nataliatalksabout.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Brooke, it sounds like a great idea - have you thought about getting involved with University teams/societies/gym? Getting fit really does help with the mind too so I hope it helps both your fitness and your uni work! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Besma!

      Yes i have thought about it but i live quite far away from my uni so i try to avoid driving there as much as possible.
      I agree too, when i do exercise im always in a better mood and can concentrate better yayy!!

      Thank you for the comment!

      xxx Brooke

      Delete
  8. I love the way you write, brings a smile to my face.

    Following you on GFC and Bloglovin

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post! Have to admit I am very lazy and a good fitness motivation blog is what I need too!
    I love your blog, and I have nominated you for a Liebster blog award! Check out my post, http://sarahsgood.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-liebster-award-thing.html, it's just a fun blog post to do :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i totally agree with you! i need to get back on a healthy routine as well <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete