Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Poppin' Tags (Thrift shop adventures)

Okay so I acknowledge that was a lame choice for a title but hey it seems appropriate 

I handed in a major assignment a few days ago so I allowed myself a day of total freedom-
What do I decide to do? Shop of course!
I decided to hit up the local second-hand stores not just because I'm a broke uni student but mainly because there is something just soo exciting about walking into a store full of products that you have never seen before and that you probably won't see elsewhere.      Cheap prices are just an added bonus i guess.

Here is what I picked up.
                                









Both above dresses were $6 (Portmans and Dotti ) and both are super girly and floral-just my style! The more formal dress down below was $10 (pricey, pricey I know!) and I plan on wearing it to my next dinner date with the BF.
   
My MOST favourite purchase was these safari style shorts by Something Else. I don't know the normal retail price but I'm pretty sure it isn't $4 (which is what i paid!!)  
                        

Important Tip: all good thrift shoppers know that you MUST keep an open mind... or else you will miss some hidden gems.
                                              
This striped knit top would not normally be my kind of thing but once I tried it on, I was hit with a wave of ideas on how to style it (such as in the first photo of this post)

    
    
A $15 short coat and two, $6 chasmere scarves to get me through the coming winter. (I didn't realise they were chasmere until i got home and read the tags!!)

Next, jewellery finds...

  
I actually ended up giving this little blue rope bracelet to my sister (brownie points!)

Lastly, a CD for the drive home (how could I not? it was only 50c) which is now my favourite driving music!! and a little metal jug which I will use to make coffee.

Who else loves thrift shopping? Comment below with a link to your hauls!

xxx Brooke

32 comments:

  1. Great thrifting finds!

    xox, cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds, I got a bunch of stuff today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing finds! We don't have thrift shops in the same way where I live in England- charity shops are always good though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weekend markets are also a great way to find similar things! xxx

      Delete
  4. Please check out my blog doing a MAC giveaway when I reach 200 followers :)

    http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so lovely in the floral dress! can't wait for summer to arrive, i'm gonna drench myself in all things floral haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! unfortunately our winter is just around the corner so i wont get to wear floral for much longer :(
      xx

      Delete
  6. Ooooo these all look so nice! :D I really like the dress you picked up <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the first dress is cute

    xxx Zari
    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutley love the jewellery :) So pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke.....? you said you do not find all you want (mostly) but i see u here havin' fun ....! atleast u enjoy ......see ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Meg! and thanks for also being my 50th follower!!

      I do still have a lot to learn but i try to make the things i can control fun and enjoyable! and i want this blog to be all about fun and happiness. So yeah i just wanted you to know that you arent the only one :)

      Delete
  10. i just watched packed to the rafters.....is it an Aussie (Australian)creation? but it sounds like Britain.......anyways....have fun.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! im very proud to say packed to the rafters is produce in Australia (im pretty sure sydney, to be specific), so what you can hear is an aussie accent :)
      xxx Brooke

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, what amazing photos!!! So lovely!!

    Lets follow?

    http://dress-for-the-image.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love second hand shopping, i find it somuch more rewarding, because i've found the item that i love, and it isn't one of tonnes in the same store. I feel like high fiving myself every time, ahaha! I'm a new follower of your blog, love the name btw and you can follow my blog if ya like at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com and via bloglovin. xo Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog! I totally agree with everything you said :)

      checking out your blog now xxx Brooke

      Delete
  13. Really cool stuff! Love the jacket, especially the back!
    And I think we kinda have the same taste of jewelry! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog! It's so cute. Definitely following now, stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I think the $10 for the formal dress and $15 for the coat is a very good find! I wish I had second hand shops like that in my country though :p

    And btw dear, thank you for following me! I'm also following you back on GFC now~

    Many kisses
    ♡ Jaslin from www.justjaslin.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finds! Love the coat :) x


    http://ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful outfits.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really nice haul, you found some great stuff! I really like the shorts & dresses.
    Following you now through GFC & bloglovin if you would like to follow back.
    x
    www.missashiibeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I saw you were already following, thanks :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. thats ok! thanks for visiting my blog!

      xxx

      Delete
  19. That's a hilarious title! My favorite are those scarves you picked up!

    Would appreciate if you checked out my blog :)
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice outfits, girl;)X
    really like that first one;}x


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. You found SO many amazing pieces! Super jealous and now I want to go thrift shopping :)

    Marisa
    http://brokewithdesignertaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, those are some great finds at low prices. I feel like the thrift store around where I live is gross--there would never be such cute pieces there! I think I need to look around in a bigger city.

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the items!

    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  24. You gotta love the thrifty finds! it's always an accomplishment when you dig up beautiful clothes =). Btw I am also a psychology student. And i will follow you now =) xxx

    ReplyDelete